Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Terror Trivia for 7/20!

In the 1970s a breakfast cereal was introduced to capitalize on kids' obsession with all things monstrous. A cadre of strange creatures were the mascots for this product, and they lived in a dark, mysterious forest under a magical tree, said tree producing the sugary breakfast food you were certain to consume that morning. Now, I don't want to know the name of the product (that would be too easy, and we are NEVER about easy here). Who was the legendary Hollywood character actor who narrated the extended TV commercial that introduced these little monsters to the public? (He would go on to become a reliable presence in many upcoming Horror films of the decade.)

5 comments:

The Mike said...

Wild guess...Joseph Cotten?

senski said...

Nope - but I'm absolutely nuts about the concept of Joseph Cotten selling kids' cereal. How awesome would that have been?

The Mike said...

OK, I had to cheat to find the answer to this one.

I have to admit, I didn't think it would be Cotten since you said it was a "reliable" actor and I'd heard about his trouble on Phibes' set.

I'll refrain from answering, assuming Unk will swoop in with the answer. :)

aunt john said...

Burgess Meredith...

senski said...

Aunt john comes through with one of my favorite actors of all time!