Friday, July 30, 2010

Exorcist: The Musical - The Exorcism!


This one was just ever so much fun. More stanzas could follow. Please imagine extended dance breaks...

(Sung to the tune of "America")

REGAN
Why did you call in an exorcist?
I’ll have a ball with your exorcist
Give it your all, Mr. Exorcist
Back in the hall you go, exorcist

KARRAS
Get thee behind me you Satan
REGAN
I hope you do not mind waitin’
MERRIN
God’s holy power compels you
REGAN
I wouldn’t buy what He sells you

Think you can bring in an exorcist
Look how I’m flingin’ your exorcist
Your ears are ringin’ now, exorcist
You like my singin’ now, exorcist?

KARRAS
She’s just a child, have pity
REGAN
Go back to Vatican City
MERRIN
You will be gone by the morrow
REGAN
Why am I sounding like Charo?

You can’t defeat me, you exorcist
Never will beat me, you exorcist
Step up and greet me, you exorcist
Then you can eat me, you exorcist

MERRIN
Don’t give up, we may be winning
REGAN
Wait til my head begins spinning
KARRAS
God’s will is sure to take over
REGAN
I’ll give this room a makeover

Stop bible-quoting now, exorcist
Satan is gloating now, exorcist
It is worth noting now, exorcist
That I am floating now, exorcist

Your fortitude is appalling
MERRIN
Feel how the temperature’s falling?
REGAN
Soon you’ll be meeting your sure doom
KARRAS
Who put this statue in her room?

REGAN
You cannot win, Mr. Exorcist
Save your own skin, Mr. Exorcist
Once I am in, Mr. Exorcist
Leave her to sin, Mr. Exorcist


2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Oh my god, I have tears in my eyes and a tummy ache from laughing at this! This is just the best (Why am I talking like Charo?)

MyBeautifulMalcontent said...

Nice! This movie scared the crap out of me when I was much younger, and to be honest, I still don't want to watch it ever again, but I think your version I could handle. :)