Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ready for my close-up, Mr. Emmerich!

Somehow it just feels right to follow up a review of an $11,000 movie with this...While I freely admit that I will be one of the first people in line to suck up Roland Emmerich's latest gazillion-dollar iteration of Total Global Destruction, this is just too puckish not to make me laugh. Take last week's five-minute preview clip of 2012, edit out all the CGI devastation, and what are you left with? Not a whole hell of a lot. If John Cusack isn't sufficiently rueful at his participation in this, I do believe this may seal the deal.

Correction: One FX shot is left in. At the end. And augmented. With a special musical guest star.


2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Now, this version looks great! Much better than the over-the-top preview I saw last week.

senski said...

An Adam Lambert song from the 2012 soundtrack leaked on the web today. All that destruction wrought by high notes...