Sunday, March 14, 2010

"There's a man on the wing of the plane...and he's smoking!"

It's been ages since SNL has spoofed my beloved Twilight Zone; I'm reaching back into the memory bank, and I'm pulling up a sketch from 1980 with Bob Newhart as an unwilling bachelor contestant in The Dating Zone. He winds up with the sub-verbal Colleen Fernman (Gilda Radner), whose hobbies include "staring, and trying to milk animals that don't give milk." So last night, when the show featured a send-up of "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" with Jude Law in the Shatner role, Bobby Moynihan in the demented teddy-gremlin outfit, and a very funny cameo from Pearl Jam...well, I just hadda share.


1 comment:

The Mike said...

Very nice. I'm gonna have to try and find the Dating Zone skit, the only TZ SNL skit I can recall is the Pam Anderson/Eye of the Beholder skit.

Thanks for posting!