Friday, January 8, 2010

Mr. Letterman, Mr. Savini; Mr. Savini, Mr. Letterman

While the mainstream media goes into paroxysms of prognostic apoplexy over the state of NBC's late night broadcasting (if, like an old phart like me, you consider 9:00pm "late night"), I'd like to take you back to the good old days of the mid 80s, when Carson was the King, and all self-respecting college students made it a point of religiously watching his follow-up and (then) heir-apparent, Dave. This recently-uploaded segment comes to us from August of 1986, days before the Friday the 22nd opening of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Enjoy watching Master of Splatter FX Tom Savini showcase his works to an always-prickly Letterman...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the audience member who screams 'Ahhhhhhh' when Dave takes off the mask.

And seriously, why so prickly? He should have fun with it but clearly he's annoyed.

Anonymous said...

And $50 for the VHS? Seriously? Damn Tom.

Jeff Allard said...

Great clip! I saw this back when it first aired - I used to love seeing Savini pop up on Letterman now and then.

I Like Horror Movies said...

I never even knew this existed, thanks for the awesome find Sen!